Turners & Growers International is New Zealand's largest exporter of fresh horticultural products.
A large element of the international operation is our ENZA branded pipfruit, but this side of our business is grounded by the strong heritage of Turners & Growers export activity.
Virtually all exports of New Zealand fresh fruit and vegetables have been advanced by the various discoveries and achievements of Turners & Growers. We were the first to:
- coin the name "kiwifruit" in 1959
- introduce palletisation in the kiwifruit industry
- develop pre-cooling techniques for Kiwifruit and other products
- airfreight fruit from NZ to China
- export onions in crates (revolutionising bulk shipping)
- charter a complete aircraft to transport kiwifruit
- successfully palletise all airfreight consignments
- receive the coveted Governor General’s Export Award (1985) for horticultural exporting
And we were first to export:
- NZ onions to Japan, Europe and North America
- NZ strawberries to all major markets
- NZ buttercup squash to Japan
- NZ stonefruit to all major markets